I wrote this short free book to help people learn about ASP.NET Core, a new framework for building web applications and APIs.
Is this book for me?
If you’re new to programming, already code in another backend language (like Node, Ruby, or Java), or are an ASP.NET MVC developer, this book will help you learn something new!
Scroll down to get a copy. Or, read more about how and why I wrote the book in my introductory blog post.
A friendly introduction to web programming
Dear God, I wish I had this book when I was learning .NET! - Mikael
You don’t need to know anything about web programing or ASP.NET Core to get started! The Little ASP.NET Core Book is structured as a tutorial. You’ll build an app from start to finish and learn:
- How to build an application with the ASP.NET Core framework
- The basics of the MVC (Model-View-Controller) pattern
- How to read and write data to a database
- How to add login, registration, and security
- How to deploy the app to the web
Get the book
The Little ASP.NET Core Book will always be completely free. I regularly update the book to add new content and fix issues. The links above will always point to the latest version.